DR nodes + xrefed scenes + 3ds Max Design SP1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR nodes + xrefed scenes + 3ds Max Design SP1

Has anyone else had there DR nodes not render the xreffed scenes with SP1 for max design 2010 or is it just me?

I installed SP1 this morning to test and haven't been able to figure out why the nodes pick up and render everything just fine except for the xreffed scenes.

Haven't changed anything from previous installations, UNC pathing and all that. We have a render farm we use for DR and Backburner. We run a mixture of core2duo XP 32bit machines and core2quad Vista 64bit machines with no problems until now.

Have you checked the firewall? after install SP1 i had to authorize max again in my others computers...other possibility is if you upgraded vista in some cases changes sharing and discovery.
    show me the money!!

Comment

hi,
      i have the same problem, but with 2009design 64. backburner network is okay but spawner does not work with xrefs. this is the first time i tried to use xrefs with dr. so i canĀ“t say if this has worked sometimes earlier....

Comment

Looks like it must have something to do with these specific files I am using.

I ran a file from an old job and it renders everything fine.

I am guessing someone changed something in the file that is causing an error at the same time I installed the update. So I blamed the update when I should be looking for the incorrectly pathed material or some such thing.
        Last edited by HMAArchitects; 06-08-2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Turns out it was a bad FBX import. I had to install the latest version of the FBX plugin to get the model exported from Revit to work.

Interesting thought that the host machine would render everything fine. But the DR nodes would drop the one xreffed scene with the bad FBX.

Comment

Working...
          X