Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render elements problem

Hi All,

I am probably missing something really obvious, but I have a problem when trying to get my scenes to render elements!

If I do a test render of my scene at a low resolution eg 640x480, the render elements I have chosen all render out fine. As soon as I increase the res to something more usable, I don't get any, just the final image!!

I am using V-ray Sp3 on Max 2009 Design, and up until recently I had this working fine!

Has anyone else every had this problem? If so please help!!

Thanks.

Are you using the 3ds Max frame buffer or the V-Ray one? You can also try rendering to a raw .vrimg / .exr file.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

I am using the V-ray frame buffer. I will try what you suggest above and let you know.

Thanks.

Comment

No, it still didn't work! I got the raw.vrimg file out but when I converted it to the elements none of those that I wanted came out!

Comment

Are those elements listed if you use the -info option of vrimg2exr? Do you see the elements in the V-Ray VFB?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Yes, the elements are listed and I can see them in the VFB, but still I dont get them at the end of the render pass. Also now I have a problem in that if I choose more then 3 elements I can't render out the image as I get an "unexpected exception" error.

Comment

Im having exactly the same problem. I cannot save any render elements for a particular scene. I have with other scenes, just not this one...

Update: I turned off vray frame buffer and it is saving out now...why does it not work with vray FB on ?
              Last edited by stevesideas; 04-09-2009, 03:56 PM.
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

It might be that there is not enough memory to create the buffers for the render elements... are you using 32- or 64-bit version of 3ds Max?

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

64 bit version with 12gb ram.
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                  X