Additive Glass ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additive Glass ?

Is it somehow possible to make additive glass ? Meaning that you can somehow brighten up everything behind it, while holding the reflections and 100% transparency.

I have an evening scene with interiors which I'm seeing from the outside, and I want the part behind the glass the really light up. I can not use (ANY) post on it, and I can (absolutely) not change the lighting. Making the glass less transparent or whiter is also NOT an option. Currently the only option is multiple passes, but I just hope I won't have to.

Originally posted by trick View Post
    Is it somehow possible to make additive glass ? Meaning that you can somehow brighten up everything behind it, while holding the reflections and 100% transparency.

I have an evening scene with interiors which I'm seeing from the outside, and I want the part behind the glass the really light up. I can not use (ANY) post on it, and I can (absolutely) not change the lighting. Making the glass less transparent or whiter is also NOT an option. Currently the only option is multiple passes, but I just hope I won't have to.
    You can do that with the standard material and as far as I know VRay supports it - tried that? What's with the strange rules?

Comment

You can use a Standard material with additive transparency (or a VRayMap in the refraction slot).

Best regards,
      Vldo
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks, did not think of that. Haven't used a standard material in years The rules ? what can I say

Comment

You can put a VRayColor map in the refraction slot and set it to something over 1.0 float. I'm sure this is not a proper add but it does brighten things inside.

Comment

Tried that, but did not get exactly the (additive) look I wanted. Just seemed the reflections faded away with that.

Comment

Working...
            X