Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DR problem with file size , limit or bug ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR problem with file size , limit or bug ??

Max9 sp2 , Vray 1.5sp3, winXp 32bit Sp3

In the past days I was in trouble because slaves don't start to render.
    The scene rendered by DR was 117Mb.
    It's a heavy scene and in initially I thought about RAM limit.
    After some tests I've found that slaves don't load the scene and vraylog give me some "timeout error" from the slaves.
    So I tried to reduce file size to find the limit and after some tests I've found that if file scene is less than 100Mb the slaves start to render.

It's not a LAN limit because we've tested the file transfer outside 3dsmax and vray rendering process and I can move heavy files without problem or error.

I don't know if DR in vray has a limit...and I'm not sure if it is a bug...

What could it be??

Thanks in advance

I know there are some problems with that and we will be looking into the issue; I think the problem is that it may take a while for data to pass between the machines and V-Ray may think that the connection is dropped.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks valdo for the answer...

The strange thing is that if file is 91mb it renders fine with DR, if it is over 100mb (101 for example) slaves don't start...

It very strange that 90mb start in few seconds and 100 never start.

Anyway...if you solve this...thanks in advance.... the workaround is to use vrayproxy...but i'd prefer to not use them.

Comment

Well you can also use X-Ref scenes; that way the master scene will be small and will transfer quickly.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X