Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Network render problem. Not the cores in use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network render problem. Not the cores in use.

Hi! I have 3 machine, they are all the same, all with 8 cores each one and XP64 and 8GB of RAM.

Some machines are not rendering using all the cores, is like one machine is using all the 8 cores, but the other two are using only one or two. This is rendering using Backburner. IS there a limit on the amount of cores one can use with Vray rendering using Backburner? Or is it another problem what I facing here?

Thanks a lot

To make it more interesting, I'm opening the same MAX file on each one of the machines independently in MAX, and rendering same frame, 1 machine render it using all the cores and put the machine to 100% CPU usage, while the other two machines only put the CPU usage to 50% or lower... the machines are exact clones.....

Comment

One of my machines is taking 56 seconds a frame, the other one is taking 3 minutes and the third one is taking 1:30.... it does not make any sense to me....

Comment

victorwol, i have same problem with same configuration - 8 cores, 8gbram xp64
        Did you resolved your problem?
        could you write about solution or root of problem?
        http://www.evgen3d.com

Comment

Actually I did not, you just reminded me that I have to send the archive of the MAX project for analisys.

Comment

could you remember, did you use composite maps in scene?
            it seems that this could be a reason

Comment

Mmmm.... don't remember... Will take a look tomorrow. This happens to you on all the computers where you render or just in one? My problem was all the PCs where rendering at full speed except one going 4 times slower. But any other Vray scene render at full speed on that same machine.

Comment

Yep, I have same situation, one computer renders normaly, another only at 30%
                I've checked - composite map in 2010-2009 max slow down

Comment

But what I dont get is why slow down only 1 computer and not the other ones?

Comment

Have you installed all 3ds Max service packs and hot fixes?

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, was the first thing I did.

Comment

I'm afraid the problem is MAX not Vray, I'm rendering a project with Final Render, and have the same problem, one machine goes at half speed..... have very simple materials, only weird thing I have is an audio track on the animation editor... have to chech if that afect it in some way.

Comment

Hm, interesting issue. If you find out more about it, please let us know.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'm having this problem. During the pre-pass stage there only seems to be one core working. Anyone else having this problem?

J.
                            www.minmud.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X