VrayToon & DR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayToon & DR...

I just started using DR and rendered a file that uses VrayToon. The remote slave does not seem to render the effect, only the local machine. Is there a trick to setting this up correctly, or is it a bug?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Just a guess...I have never used VrayToon, but does your material happen to include a texture map that the slave cannot see?

-Alan

Comment

No, textures render fine. Buckets rendered on slave machines do not show the toon outlines.

Comment

I know this is an older thread, but I'm seeing the exact same thing with 1.50.SP5. Was this ever solved?
        - Darrin -

Comment

I could not really reproduce this here. Is it possible to send me a scene that does not work to vlado@chaosgroup.com?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado -

Thanks for the reply. I have an update, as I've discovered more about the problem working today. I noticed that the buckets rendered by the host are the ones not rendering the outline, so it may not be a DR issue after all.

What I'm finding is that the include/exclude list seems to be causing the issue. If I populate the list with a new application of the VrayToon effect it seems to work fine, then after a couple of renders and some additions to the exclude list, it will stop rendering the outline on an object that is not in the exclude list. Just the buckets rendered by the host though. If I delete the effect and reapply, creating a new exclude list, the cycle continues.

I'm using default settings for the VrayToon effect other than changing the pixel width to 1.0 and then alternating to a 3.0 width when rendering to a larger resolution. This could be part of the issue perhaps. Objects that I'm adding to the exclude list have displacement so the outline struggles to find the edges. It's weird though since the errant objects are pretty basic shapes and never added to the exclude list.

I'll try to clean up a scene to send shortly. Thanks again.
            - Darrin -

Comment

Vlado -

I emailed to you a test scene with instructions. I'm anxious to hear what you think.
              - Darrin -

Comment

Yep, I can reproduce the issue and we are looking into it. It seems it will only happen if you hide/unhide objects between renders, but should be fine if you reload the scene.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X