dr threaded processors not at full capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr threaded processors not at full capacity

My dr processors on both local and slave aren't running full capacity since latest sp4 install (maybe coincidence). Four cores per machine but they consistently fluctuate between 27% and 74%, with the occasional peak to the 90s. Is there any reason for this? It seems I'm only running on average 50% of capacity whereas earlier both local and slaves would stick at 100% with the occasional dip. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help!

Does it happen on any scene? Do you have the latest 3ds Max service packs and hot fixes?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Just made sure I had all of the latest Max updates.

In my case it looks like the problem happens when I'm rendering a relatively large (3500 x 2625 px) scene and only during 'Presampling displacement/Building light cache'. I noticed when the final rendering pass starts all processors and cores up to full capacity, both on slave and locally, but everything up to the final pass hangs around 30 - 40%. Hope that makes sense. Thanks again!

Comment

Ok then it's probably because of the displacement. If you are using 3d displacement, you can try to increase the edge length for the displacement. The other option would be to increase the dynamic memory limit in the System settings.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X