Rendered elements files are deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendered elements files are deleted

I noticed something funny. Vray deletes renderer elements files if you're not careful.

Here's how it goes:

1. I render my scene (no VFB - dunno if it matters). "Save file" enabled. Elements enabled. Files are saved as the render ends, with the typical filename_VRayGlobalIllumination.tga type naming.

2. I want to render something else in the same scene, but I don't want to save the file, and I don't want to use elements. I switch off "save file" and I disable all elements (in the "Elements active" checkbox).

3. When the render finishes, no new files are created - but all my element-files from the previous render are automatically deleted! No warnings, no nothing.

It won't happen if you change the original filename - even if the "save file" is unchecked.

I'd be glad if you could fix this. It's a bit annoying if you forget the workaround.
    www.whiteview.se

Strange, it doesn't happen here. No files are deleted when render ends.

Is it possible that you have a pre-render script to delete the previous rendered elements? Are you using some kind of scripting tool to launch you renders?

Comment

Heh weird. Well, I use no scripts or anything. I use Max Design 2010 SP1 x64 and Vray 1.50. SP4.
      www.whiteview.se

Comment

Working...
      X