Vray Region Render flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Region Render flaw

I did a quick search to see if this has been covered already so forgive me if it has.

If you have large image dimension specified e.g. 3000px and you are using region render then you revert to a small image size but forget to turn off region render it crashes Vray with the follwing errors.

Vray Log error: [2009/Nov/26|09:31:07] error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Rendering frame
    Last marker is at .\src\globillummap.cpp, line 1394: GlobalIllumMap::buildLightMap() {2.1}

Studio Max error: File Save Error - Unknown class: SuperID =0x200, ClassID =(0x0,0x0)
    I presume this error is caused by trying to save nothing.

If you are using IrradMap and Brute Force no error occurs and you get no image rendered. If you are using Irradmap and Lightcache the error occurs and the lightcache will jam with cancel greyed out. Unusually you are able to use some elements of StudioMax but saving your scene will cause a corruption of the file. This has got me a few times.

Bug hunt continued Vlado?

Maybe if you do change to a smaller image size maybe a box can appear stating 'You are trying to render a region of the image that does not exist. Please check image dimensions and region render selection' Cancel.
    Last edited by danieljhatton; 26-11-2009, 02:50 AM.
    Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Yep, this is already corrected for SP4a and V-Ray will also print a warning.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Another strange thing is that when you launch a scene, the first time you show the vrayVFB, before having done a render, it doesn't load with the right dimensions. So you can't define a region ... Also having the region at least shown in the viewport would be a great help when the vrayvfb is empty. A few reasons why I've stop using it, when switching betweens lot of scenes, rendering parts here, parts there, it's a real nightmare.

Comment

It might be better in your case to simply use the 3ds Max region render.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X