Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is now possible to submit DR servers list for DR through backburner

Hi all,

Please can someone give me some more information on this feature?

I can't seem to see any new option in bb where I can control which machines are being used for the dr, so I don't think I've quite grasped what the feature does!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Mike
    Cheers, Michael.

You make sure distributed rendering is ticked in Vray settings and you are specifying IP addresses of your nodes. Send it to backburner as per ususal. All CPU's will render the image.
    Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

thanks for the quick reply!

so basically what is happening now is that the dr server list on my machine is overriding the list on the node that is hosting my render through bb?

if so, can this be disabled as a feature?

thanks, mike
      Cheers, Michael.

Comment

No. If you tick DR in vray for a Scene and you send that scene to backburner DR will happen regardless of which machine picks up the job. If you dont it wont. Like any job you send to Backburner, if you want to make changes you will have to re-submit the job. With or without DR ticked.

The PC IP's you specify in Vray Distributed Rendering will be the PC's that join in for DR rendering.
        Last edited by danieljhatton; 26-11-2009, 05:08 AM.
        Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Originally posted by DHFrame View Post
          No. If you tick DR in vray for a Scene and you send that scene to backburner DR will happen regardless of which machine picks up the job. If you dont it wont. Like any job you send to Backburner, if you want to make changes you will have to re-submit the job. With or without DR ticked.
          yep, fully understand this, it is the following part that i was referring to;

Originally posted by DHFrame View Post
          The PC IP's you specify in Vray Distributed Rendering will be the PC's that join in for DR rendering.
          In previous versions this was not the case, the dr server list of the machine that picks up the job, was the list that was used. So all our render slaves have the same server list to use all available dr nodes, whereas on my local machine I can determine which nodes I want to use for tests.

Ideally I would like to still do this, without changing my server list before sending to bb.

I hope this makes sense? I realise it isn't a major problem it just helps my workflow!

thanks, Mike
          Cheers, Michael.

Comment

Does anyone manage to send DR job to backburner, and so that DR servers stop rendering others standard BB jobs ? Actually, when BB and spawner is started, we send a job in BB, and then even if the server is ever rendering a max or combustion job, it start rendering the DR jobs ...

Comment

Originally posted by KiboOst View Post
              Does anyone manage to send DR job to backburner, and so that DR servers stop rendering others standard BB jobs ? Actually, when BB and spawner is started, we send a job in BB, and then even if the server is ever rendering a max or combustion job, it start rendering the DR jobs ...
              Ah ok, If I have understood you properly. You mean if you send a DR job to BB it starts and renders. If you send another it starts that as well? So in effect rendering 2 jobs at once? OR, does it stop rendering DR and start the new job? I just presumed that a server would be busy whatever it was doing. Hence not starting anything else.
              Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

Imagine my servers all renders a standard BB job.
                I send a DR job via BB, it start on servers in DR list, but they don't stop rendering their std BB job.
                Will have to test further, but for you, the servers rendering as DR in BB manager stop rendering other jobs ??

Comment

Yes I'd like to know too! Actually I'm in the same situation, having a quite little renderfarm, so I can't attribute some computers specifically for distributed rendering and some other for backburner regular jobs, so is it possible to launch a DR spawner AND a BB server on the same computer without the risk of having multiple jobs processing in the same time, which I assume would slow down the two processes dramatically (twice memory needed, etc...)
                  At first glence I thought it was a new feature of SP4 but I don't manage to make it work, so maybe I did't understand the It is now possible to submit DR servers list for DR through backburner stuff
                  Thanks
                  Paul.

Comment

Could you set up 2 render presets each with the different nodes selected?

Comment

DR through back burner seems to have stopped working now that i've upgraded to 4a from 3a
                      WerT
                      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post
                        DR through back burner seems to have stopped working now that i've upgraded to 4a from 3a

It works fine over here. Check the usual suspects, anti virus and firewall settings...
                        www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Hi, I am having problems submitting DR jobs through backburner too. I have never used this before and have just upgraded from SP2.

I am running Max Design 2010 ans SP4a. Backburner and distributed rendering work perfectly individually but not together. (BB & Spawners are running as services on all machines)

I select all the render nodes in the Vray distributed render settings and submit the job thru backburner choosing use all render nodes setting but only one node kicks in.
                          What might I be doing wrong????
                          Greg

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper View Post
                            I select all the render nodes in the Vray distributed render settings and submit the job thru backburner choosing use all render nodes setting but only one node kicks in.
                            What might I be doing wrong????

Dont use "use all server", start the BB Server on one pc and use "use selected server" where you pick the pc where you started the BB Server. That way i never had any problems with it.
                            www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Do you include that PC in your distributed render settings?
                              Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X