Mirror Samples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Samples

I can't seam to get objects that apear in mirrors to sample properly.
    Or maybe the samples don't get blurred in reflections??? - I really have no idea - does anyone else?
    Nothing special about the scene and am using IR + LC and adaptive DMC sampler, the HSph subs are at 150, and LC @ 2000 (original image size is 4000x2500) - maybe the LC subs are two low?
    Please help.
    Attached Files

The tiles outside the glass that are reflected in the mirror are not getting affected by it or is it just me...

Comment

That definitely looks like a light cache glitch to me -- any chance you have an extremely high (but less than 1.0) gloss value on your reflections and have "use light cache for glossy rays" enabled? That's my immediate guess.

I'm sure this is a draft render that you're still lighting, but the sink and top of the toilet are white hot. Otherwise it's a very nice mood!
      ShaunDon

Comment

Ok, its hard to tell whether the tiles are affected or not because you can't see much of them.

This is a high res image (4000x2500) I just put a bit of a "s" curve to highlight the issue.

OK, the mirror material is 0.99 glossies with 240 white value for the reflections and I do have the "use light cache for glossy rays" enabled.

So....Just sending it off again with:

1.0 glossies in the mirror material.
        and turn off the "use light cache for glossy rays".

Will report back.

Thanks for the suggetsions.

Comment

Brilliant... all sorted.
          See attached, note the design changed a bit too.
          So what caused it was either the mirror material with high reflective value (240) and glossies @ 0.99, or it was the "use light cache for glossy rays" in the LC.

If I get time I will find out which one is the culprit...my guess is the material.

Thanks for the help.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bob-cat View Post
            glossies @ 0.99, or it was the "use light cache for glossy rays" in the LC.
            It's both of these. You were using light cache for glossy rays but had a reflection which was mostly sharp - while it was supposed to be a clear reflection it was still classed as glossy so the LC tried to do all the work.
            Last edited by Neilg; 27-11-2009, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Light bulb moment, thanks for explaining this.

Comment

Working...
              X