Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray scatter and unhandled exception

Hi there,

Im using vrayscatter more and more with vray these days. The only problem is, sometimes I stop the render short and vray can create an unhandled exception. This exception needs to be confirmed by pressing ok. This is kind of fine on my workstation but it also happens on my render farm of 4 computers and so they just sit there when it comes to rendering doing nothing until I ok the vray error. Is it possible to auto ok this error as I dont really need to know about it if the render farm can just continue once I have pressed ok.

Hope this makes sense..
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Hm, V-Ray should not be displaying the error on render slaves and silently assume the "ok" case. How are you running the render slaves?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The render slaves are just setup with the Vray DR spawner exe in the startup folder. The little vray dr spawner icon sits in the bottom right tray on each slave..is there another way of doing this ?
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Any ideas ?
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

error image

In case you needed to see the error, I have attached it here:
          Attached Files
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Does it happen on all scenes, or just this one? Also, what versions of V-Ray/VRayScatter are you using? In any case, might be useful to send the scene to the VRayScatter guys so that they can troubleshoot it.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It happens on all scenes. Any scenes where I have started rendering and then have to stop short because I need to alter something.

It doesnt happen all the time in that circumstance, but most times.

I am using the sp4a build you sent me for the licence error and vrayscatter 2.50.5
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

i use VrayScatter also a lot here, without problems ...

Vray 1.5 SP4
                3DS Max 2020 Design 64 BIT
                xp 64, 8GB RAM

Slaves 4GB RAM and Vray configured as service

Info: have a look at their website under forums and you will see something new on its way and boy that baby is fast

Best regards
                Klaus
                Last edited by tryharder; 05-12-2009, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Steve, check if you're using normal maps - they cause VRayScatter (and VRayProxies) to choke. If you're using them, use the VRayNormal or whatever map instead, rather than the Max one.

Comment

This scene doesnt contain normal maps....most of my scenes tend not to.
                    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Steve, I have have the same problem with VRayscatter.
                      Any scene with scatter in it will give that same error if you cancel the render before it gets to calculating GI
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yes exactly. But then I have to manually "ok" the error before the render slaves will join in on the action for the next render. Luckily I only have 4 render slaves (which is a pain in the arse anyway), would hate to have 100 render slaves and have to do this...
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                        X