Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refraction splotches

Hi all,

after browsing through forum and trying several solutions, i gave up...

I think you will find enclosed pic quite self explanatory - i can't get rid of this splothes on my refractive/reflective material.

Glossy reflections and refraction are turned off.

Anyone has any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Sinisa
    Attached Files

I've had this before, you using a hdri with a very strong small light source? Try blurring it a bit, making a bit more of a gap between the glass and object underneath and turn up the IR map settings. I dont know which one fixed it, I did all of those at once.

I assume all your materials are vray too, no weird maps in reflect/refract?

Comment

Actually i'm using vray sun/sky combination.

Yes all materials are vray. No strange maps, standard or arch materials...

actually scene is quite simple with only one mapped material.

Comment

It might be the "sunlight visible" option. Turn it off and see if this helps.

Comment

Is this with GI ? If so try turning off "Refractive Caustics" in the GI settings.

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

@instinct - i did that but didn't help.

however i got rid of that after doing 2 things - i've removed hdr map that was (by mistake) mapped on one of my planes and unchecked sun visibility as samuel suggested.

When i finish rendering the scene i will go back one step and see what was causing the splotches... so i can post here again.

Thanks again for advices

Sinisa

Comment

Are you by any chance using the Light Cache? If so, make sure the "use for glossy reflections/refractions" is turned off. I've noticed some terrible results, sometimes subtle, when looking through a glossy material using that. Otherwise the renderings are much faster. eh. you win some, you lose some.

Comment

if you have in the material change the color of the refract brighter than black or use an opacity map, you must turn affect shadows on. do you have it on?
                www.lichtecht.de
                www.lichtecht-traumhaus.de
                like us on facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lichte...60602113968021

Comment

Working...
                X