License/WIBU error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License/WIBU error

This is on Win7 64 at home, however this occurs at work as well when plugging the dongle into a USB hub rather than straight in to the system. Considering the amount of times I bring it back and forth between work at home, i'm not keen to have to be forced to plug it in to the back all the time. It only sometimes does it at work (when in the HUB) but always does it at home. It did it before Win7 so I doubt that's the issue, maybe theres updated WIBU drivers? The ones I have are from 2006! Any ideas?

There are updated drivers on the WIBU site (http://wibu.com/download_user.php - you need the WibuKey drivers); I am not sure they will solve the problem (and some users reported other issues with them), but it might be worth a try.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Well that worked, but I had to fool around a bit. I extracted the installation exe to a directory and pointed the WIBU key to those drivers (the key was unrecognised although a reboot probably would have picked it up) and now the license server has started.

Comment

We are having the same issue in xp 64 bits, after re-starting the computer with the local license. I will try the update.
        Diana Escorcia
        GA estudio

Comment

Downloaded drivers and installed. the issue seemed to be solved, but after two reboots error is showing again.. We are not able to launch the license..
          Diana Escorcia
          GA estudio

Comment

Reboot, mash F8 until you get the Windows boot options like safe mode, etc. Press the option that disables driver signatures or something like that.

The problem is, that even with the drivers that come with VRay (I think), they don't have a fancy pants Microsoft Digital Signature. So go grab the latest drivers on the page Vlado linked to, install, reboot and do the above. It should work.

edit: Actually the digital signature thing only applies to Vista and 7.

Right click My Computer->Manage->Device Manager->WIBU or USB controllers. Check that the WIBU key is actually being registered as a device, and if so, does it have a little yellow exclamation mark on it or anything?
            Last edited by duke2; 28-12-2009, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X