No Reflection after Scene Convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Reflection after Scene Convert

In Max 2010, if I use Vray Scene Convert, any Max Satandard materials converted to Vray materials will not render with reflections, even after I add reflectivity to them. Has anyone seen this? Am I missing something here?

Thanks very much,

-Alan

Make sure "Trace Reflections" is checked in the Options rollout of each material.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Nice! Any reason it's not checked by default? I notice that when a new Vray material is made, it is in fact checked.

It may be that Max materials' reflections may not be automatically raytraced, but if you're going to do a conversion, then it would make sense to me that it would include active raytraced reflections, as it is in fact the default for Vray materials. Vlado, if you're out there, I vote to change the default for converted materials!

Thanks much,

-Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Iglesias View Post
        It may be that Max materials' reflections may not be automatically raytraced
        I'd guess that's why too. I'd be nice to have an option to turn on reflections but I think it makes more sense to do it the way it is now. It basically takes your scene, set up with standard materials, and converts it to vray materials and it should basically render the same (except a bit faster since it's a ll vray mats now). If you have a lot of materials to check you can either script it or just use Olly's vray material control (VMC)...http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/vm...terial-control
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
        X