Error Code 10060 After Server Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Code 10060 After Server Crash

I was rendering animation frames via backburner over the weekend when we had a server crash Sunday morning. Now we are up again all of the rendering slaves give the above error code. The only thing that has changed is we were on a domain and now we're just using a workgroup. No software changes.

We're using Viz 2006 w/ Vray 1.53, Windows XP 32 bit. Like I said, everything worked great until the crash.

I tried uninstalling Vray and wibu drivers from one slave and re-installing, but same result. I can render locally on my workstation (which has the vray dongle), but at this rate it will take forever to finish. Any ideas? Need more info?

Thanks.

The particular error code (10060) means a connection timeout. It may happen if something is blocking the connection (e.g. a firewall), or if the machine cannot be found. Also, are you using an IP address to specify the license server, or a computer name?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We're using ip address to specify license server. This morning I did have to unblock viz when the windows firewall box appeared (never had to do that before). I also unblocked viz on the slaves. Do I need to manually unblock Vray and wibu?

Comment

You would probably need to do that for the license server too, yes. BTW, are you able to connect to the web interface of the license server through a web browser?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          . . . are you able to connect to the web interface of the license server through a web browser?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I'm not sure how to do that.

Comment

Just open a web browser and type in the address field "http://serverip:30304" without the quotes where "serverip" is the IP address of the machine where the license server is running.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I didn't get a chance to try and connect to the web interface--my boss had me turn off the windows firewall on my workstation and one of the slaves and they can now communicate (render). I think I 'allowed' every program involved, but it wasn't working yesterday.

And in the middle of troubleshooting this problem, we had a major power outage that sent everyone home!

Thanks for your help Vlado--I'll try and hunt down the specific problem after I'm finished with this animation.

Comment

I was able to do some further checking, and it appears that all I had to do was allow port 30304 to get through the firewall. Everything fine now.

Comment

Ok, glad that it's sorted out now

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Working...
                  X