Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightcache slow

Hey Guys,

for one month ago i change my os from xp64 to Win7 64.

Now i make a testscene (small room). The Floortexture are very highres with 6000x6000px.

This texture make the lightcache calulating very slow. i resize the texture to 2000x2000px and lightcache very fast - where is the problem?

i use max 2010 64+ with sp1 and the hotfix from september 2009.

Happy new year from germany
    Chris
    CAD construction & visualization @ www.wsv-gruppe.de

Do you have any displacement in your scene? Also, do you have the "Show calc phase" for the light cache on or off? (If it is on, try switching it off and see if it helps).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, vlado! Today i found the problem -> bitmap pager was enabled...
      CAD construction & visualization @ www.wsv-gruppe.de

Comment

I have the same problem here within a scene with displace and big ground map (without displace) the LC is very very slow, the bitmap pager isn't enabled, and I don't understand why this happened.?
        3dsmax 2009 64 vray sp4a
        =:-/
        Laurent

Comment

I always thought that with larger renders, having 'show calc phase' (as Vlado has already said) can really slow down the LC calculation.

Also, if you have any architectural materials in the scene (the default one with imported AutoCad geometry for instance) the LC can sometimes slow down horribly.
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket
          ----------------------------------->
          http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

thanks Tricky, unfortunately I already have tested the 'show calculate phase', and it's a small render.
            May be an autocad mtl somewhere wich I lost eheheh. I'm trying to fix this cause my scene isn't so big and I don't understand.
            This is based on a scene settuped with the SP3 so may be there is a bug in the conversion, I think I made a mistake but dunno where pffff.
            =:-/
            Laurent

Comment

Working...
            X