Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colour and gamma changes over service pack versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour and gamma changes over service pack versions?

I need to re-enter an old job and make some additional renders. The job was started prior to SP3. Now when I hit render the image looks very different. Tried using legacy mode, unchecking photometric lighting and all sorts of settings I can think of. Still the image looks insane. Washed out different relationships between colours.

Are these changes in appearance over service packs really necessary? Basically it means that if a client wants to expand upon an old job, I will have to re-install Vray and the old service pack the job was originally created in. Now, is there an easy way to go back to an old service pack or will I have to do it the hard way? Or is there some other way of achieving the old look even if I have upgraded my service packs since??

T

-Do you get "missing plugin" or "missing texture" warnings on load?

-If you work in max2010 it might also be the external "color correct" plugin which is broken and the worst piece of code known to mankind.

-Another cause might be the max gamma settings.
    You should leave them at defaults.
    Thats the cause of many problems with wash-outs, wierd plugin behaviour, messed up displacements and so on.
    Reflect, repent and reboot.
    Order shall return.

Comment

There shouldn't be any significant changes between versions; each release is tested against scenes that are several years old to make sure that they render in the same way. If you like, you can send us the scene to vray@chaosgroup.com and we'll try to see what's causing the difference.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X