Hair not rendering - due to hidden layers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair not rendering - due to hidden layers

This is not exactly a bug, but maybe something for people to watch out for -- or maybe something you can change in the future, Vlado.

It seems that when using MR Prim for Hair&Fur (great feature by the way), Vray makes an object that sometimes can end up on a hidden layer. I was having trouble where fur was not rendering a while back even though my growth object was visible. I chalked it up to a flakey max install -- however now I'm fairly certain that Vray's "temporary" hair object (that it presumably creates at render time) was being created on one of my hiddden layers.

I haven't had time to do a proper test -- but either when MR Prim is first selected or maybe just when hitting Render -- the Vray hair object is automatically being created on the currently selected layer.

Vlado, wouldn't it be better if the VR hair object was automatically created on the same layer as the growth object? Or make the VR object non-hidden so users can move it manually?

Yep, a renderable object for the hair&fur is created when you press render (and deleted afterwards); thanks for the pointer about the layer - I'll check it out.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X