vray physical camera close-focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray physical camera close-focus

Hey, just testing some stuff out. It seems if I try and do an extremely close focus DOF render with the physical camera, the field of view seems to implode and turn inside out and upside down. I basically want to be able to close focus on a wide-lens, like as if I am using a close-focus diopter.

How can I make this work? seems kinda silly that this should be a problem...

Originally posted by Ruairi Robinson View Post
    Hey, just testing some stuff out. It seems if I try and do an extremely close focus DOF render with the physical camera, the field of view seems to implode and turn inside out and upside down. I basically want to be able to close focus on a wide-lens, like as if I am using a close-focus diopter.

How can I make this work? seems kinda silly that this should be a problem...
    oops scene scale problem. Can I delete this thread?

Comment

The upside-down thing happens when the camera focus point is smaller than the lens focal length, but I see you found that out already

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Why delete the thread? It's good to have the solutions on the forum as well as the problems.

I just had this problem the other day too, took me a while to figure it out

b
        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
        e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Originally posted by simmsimaging View Post
          Why delete the thread? It's good to have the solutions on the forum as well as the problems.

I just had this problem the other day too, took me a while to figure it out

b
          I guess because I answered my own question. But no worries.

Comment

Working...
          X