Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch Render - Render Elements Wrong Filename.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Render - Render Elements Wrong Filename.

Does v-ray or 3ds itself take care of saving the file to disk? I just noticed that when batch rendering render elements are picking up the filename from the main render dialog rather than using the output path from the batch render dialog. Kind of a problem when you need render elements from mulitple renders and they are getting overwritten by the next render in the batch.

Jeff
    Jeff Adams - Freelance Architectural Illustrator
    http://www.jamodeler.com/freelance/

It depends on how you specified the render output. If you are using the V-Ray VFB "Split channels" option, then V-Ray saves the elements. If you are using the 3ds Max VFB, then 3ds Max saves them.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Okay its a 3ds problem. Its not overriding the filename info when doing batch rendering. Splitting the channels in vray works. At this point I normally would go make a bug report to the other software dev...but since its autodesk, and they won't do anything about it anyway. Not going to bother.
      Jeff Adams - Freelance Architectural Illustrator
      http://www.jamodeler.com/freelance/

Comment

Originally posted by Lehm_2001 View Post
        Okay its a 3ds problem. Its not overriding the filename info when doing batch rendering. Splitting the channels in vray works. At this point I normally would go make a bug report to the other software dev...but since its autodesk, and they won't do anything about it anyway. Not going to bother.
        This is not quite correct; they do look at bug reports It would be best to log it.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Hello vlado & frantic deadline users,
          We are rendering a sequence with z-buffer within vray and saving it to rpf via max VFB. Max ist sometimes overwriting the oroginal rpf with rpf containing only the z-buffer. How can we solve this with frantic deadline?
          Our deadline is today!!

Thanks++++

Comment

No idea how that works with deadline, but perhaps you can try to put the render elements, or the final ouptut in a different folder with absolute paths names.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X