Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch and Design Glass

Quick question...

I am trying to utilize the Arch and Design shaders, to see how compatible they are with Vray. A few items don't work, and I expect that. However, the one that seems to be giving me a hang up is transparency of glass materials.

I posted two nearly identical images, with the only difference being in the glass material. The one where the glass has transparency in its shadow is the Vray glass material. The one that has an opaque shadow is the Arch and Design glass material.

EDIT: The A&D glass material also does not seem to effect the alpha.
    Attached Files

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150S...ial_params.htm

Notes

* Use the VRayMtl whenever possible in your scenes. This material is specifically optimized for V-Ray and often GI and lighting is computed much faster for V-Ray materials than for standard 3ds Max materials.

Many V-Ray features (e.g. light cache, photon mapping, render elements) are guaranteed to work properly only with VRayMtl and other V-Ray compliant materials.

Comment

True, ....but service pack 3 advertised the support of A&D materials. Not all aspects of A&D are supported, ....no material level AO parameters, no cutouts maps, etc. I go back and forth between MR and VRay depending on what it is I am trying to do for any given scene. The closer I can keep my materials common between the engines, the more options I will have for creating looks and effects within the scene.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ht=Arch+Design
      Last edited by crazy homeless guy; 14-01-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Well, the A&D materials are converted to VRayMtl materials internally, so the notes in the help index do not apply to them; I will check about the affect shadows option.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X