Cannot find license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find license

Im still getting the cannot find license message on occasions. Nowhere near as often but still happening. If I click render straight after it is fine...
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

What is the error code (the number in brackets after the error message)?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I will note it down the next time it happens.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I've been getting the same problem on and off for a good long while now, however the latest builds are much, much better. The error (-98 ) often happens after a render has finished, or when stopping vray RT but I haven't found a predictable pattern yet. I have spoken to Vlado and Chaos on numerous occasions about this, as we though it could be a faulty dongle but I'm not sure that it is...because the below solution suggestions otherwise.
        When vray drops the license (-98 ) the material editor will freeze up, max will become very sluggish and the license server web page will come up blank...To fix this...Just pull the dongle out and then stick it back in and hey presto! the license server shows the dongle and licenses again and max shrugs off it's lethargy and continues as normal...no need to restart or anything. Seems to work every time now (once or twice a day). Hope that helps to track down this little bugger and provide a temp solution if not.
        Last edited by ior=0; 01-02-2010, 03:41 AM. Reason: smileys on the (-98)
        Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
        I need a new signature
        --
        Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
        ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Have you tried to update the dongle drivers (there is a new version on the WIBU site at http://wibu.com/download_user.php - you need the WibuKey drivers)? Although in your case I am still inclined to think it is a dongle issue.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've just installed the new WIBUkey drivers...we'll see what happens. I'm hoping it isn't the dongle, but if it is I can live with it for now. Thanks Vlado
            Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
            I need a new signature
            --
            Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
            ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Pretty sure I have the same thing as Simon, going on here. Have latest Wibu driver, but every once in a while the license is lost. Even happens during an open max scene. Rendering fine, but a few hours later, click render and get error for missing license. Unplug dongle, replug, restart vray lic server, etc and it's fine...but when it happens, it nearly and sometimes does make max crash or at least not-respond.

Comment

Got the error again today. First time in about a week. Error message is:

Could not obtain a license (1000).
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                X