Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velocity element pass crashing Thinking Particle scene

Hi all,
    So I'm rending a scene with thinking particle flowing along a spline and deleting them during the animation,not sure if deleting them is the cause but.... everything was working/rendering fine till it his a certain frame,the bucket hits the same spot every time and crashes ONLY when i have vary velocity enabled in a element pass . If I get rid of the Velocity pass everything fine.

using Xp 64 /SP3/ Max 2009

Anyone else run into this?
    How exactly does Vray calculate the velocity pass?

Cheers

Meh...I cant believe i didn't try this earlier, but i turned off deleting the particle in my Tp System and it rendered the problem frame with a velocity pass...Is Vray trying to calculate the particles that are deleted ??Any way to fix this?

Comment

V-Ray does not recognize TP as a particle system specifically (this is only coded for Particle Flow currently), so it will try to motion blur the TP object as a regular mesh object, by evaluating it at several different moments of time. If any particles are deleted between this moments, then there will be issues (similar to the issues when trying to motion blur meshes with changing topology).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X