Vray bug? -lit material not reflecting properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray bug? -lit material not reflecting properly

problem 1) Light coming through the cockpit window is white (Vray sun/sky, sun intensity 1), but it's not reflecting. The windshield is Vray with refract colour 75,75,75. The windshield will reflect only when the material colour is 173,173,173, but then there's way too much light coming in. I tried boosting all mat reflect/refract values as high as 99, different reflection values, fresnel on/off, etc, but it's not working. That's why I think it may be a bug.
    problem 2) Also, what are the little white dots? -even very high settings don't have any effect on the dots. All light subdivs are default, mat subdivs 8, adaptive DMC + LC. Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

I canĀ“t tell you why the reflection does not work.
    But the geometry seems to be broken/not optimzed after CAD import.
    Just look at the upper side of the cabine. Those large black splotches.
    Looks like you have doubled faces.
    Also the dots could by be caused by this.

Comment

For the reflections issue, you can try increasing the max. depth for refractions on the windshield material, and/or adjusting its cutoff value.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the replies
        Samuel, the geometry is very clean Max, no imported stuff. It's a low-quality test, but I got the same with high settings.
        Vlado, thank you, as always; 99 refract subdivs didn'y work, but setting the cutoff to 0 did. I never played wth that before -good to know! thanks again.
        No ideas about the white dots? Oh well, that's what Photoshop is for.

Comment

Originally posted by davidr View Post
          Thanks for the replies

No ideas about the white dots? Oh well, that's what Photoshop is for.

Try increasing your glossy subdivisions on those materials [What are they currently??]

Also try sub-pixel mapping to get rid of dots

Cheers

Comment

3dmk, sub-pixel was on, but mat subdivs were at 8 -all dots are gone with subdivs at 24, now I'm going to lower them to find the sweet spot. Thanks to everyone for solving my problems!

Comment

Working...
            X