Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FumeFX and VRay Lights/LightMaterial

All right,
    Ansi has a question to the uber fume nerds. Maybe it's something stooopid I'm missing but I dare to ask anything here

So i have a Fume sim. I render it with VRay. I want an object inside the smoke to illuminate the Smoke like a flourescent light bulb or phosphor tube (my geometry is more complex then that btw). I can easily create a vray light material and assign it to a geometry OR create a vray light and set it to Mesh and pick the geometry but i cant pick that geometry in the Illumination Tab in Fume since it only supports light sources (not even VRay lights are supported GI emitters, only legacy lights afaik from simple tests). So, how can i make an object emit GI and illuminate the Smoke from the inside without hacking it and attaching a crap load of omni lights with Far Attenuation set to something small to pull it off? (see attachments, that approach would work without GI with the Scanliner just as fine). I'm sure that has been done before. Any insight might be helpful.

Thanks in advance and kind regards to ya'll!
    I know the plugin war is on now that Phoenix is back from the ashes and Volume Fog is getting a real option for afterburn-esk cloud setups BUT i wish VRay lights would be supported better in FumeFX.

Anselm
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PsychoSilence; 29-03-2010, 05:07 PM.
    Anselm von Seherr - Thoss, incendii VFX www.incendii.com

It won't work for now (mesh lights don't work even with Standard materials properly). I have this noted for fixing and we'll get there at some point.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X