Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garment maker causes flickering ?

Hi guys,

i'm getting out of ideas here and i'm suspecting my problem is actually my geometry causing the problem.
    I got a scene with a cushion simulated with cloth & garment maker, keyframed etc. Quite dense.

No matter what technique i'm trying, I still get GI flickering around the cushion.
    I tried brute force on both primary and secondary, lightcache, Imap, high settings, low settings,...

The scene renders fine without the cushion and even renders fine if I leave out the floor.
    So there must be something funky with the interaction between floor & cushion.

I tried moving the cushion below the floor so it's intersected, above it with a little space, on it, nothing seems to work.

Anyone got some ideas ?
    Last edited by Fenikscg; 02-04-2010, 06:17 PM.

I think i found it, the cushion is made out of 2 splines that are converted to cloth with garment maker resulting in the seams not being welded properly. By putting an edit poly above it bridging the seams the GI seams way more stable then before.
    Still have to render out at high settings to see if everythings' fixed now but takes a while...

Comment

Fixed now except some frames where the mesh keeps causing troubles. By manually deleting the keyframes on those frames and letting the mesh interpolate I kinda got rid of those.

Comment

Hm, odd, but good that it's working now.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I guess this is one of those things even if you try to replicate it you couldnt replicate. Odd thing is that if I set the floor to invisible to GI it renders fine. In the end I rendered 2 versions and postblended them. I got some spare time this week, gonna see if I do can replicate it. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
          X