Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animation twice as slow as single image

Hello,

i am working on an animation (irr map + lightcache maps saved every 20 frames). Everything works well, around 4' per frame, no moving objets, no flickering

But when i render just a single image by calculating the single irrmap and lightcache, i have 2' per frame.

So my question is, is this normal ?

Thanks !

edit: vray 1.5sp4a
    edit2: saw another thread that had the same problem, alpha contribution is set to 1,0 everywhere
    Last edited by muoto; 08-04-2010, 12:24 AM.

That 2 minutes difference is probably static though - if your frame time was an hour with one it might be 1:02 with the other. I've noticed this before but assumed it was a combination of loading the maps and interpolating them.

Raise and lower your interp samples on both and see if it changes the time much, if so thats it.

Comment

I have used the low settings for the irr map and have only 100 samples for the lightcache, so that is quite low and shouldn't be to heavy to load...

Comment

It is somewhat normal, as V-Ray must do more work to clean up the flickering. You can reduce the render times by decreasing the "Interp. samples" value for the irradiance map.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

would it be better if i did an irrmap every 10 frames ?

Comment

No, this will not work; there must be one irradiance map for each frame.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X