Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable VFB overwrite confirmation & MaxScript

Hello,

I'm trying to automate some of our rendering jobs and when I launch some renders locally the overwrite raw file warning message box appears and halts the script till it's clicked.

Is there a way to disable trough MaxScript this warning?

Also, is there a way to control weather or not "0000" is added to the end of the raw file names?

I'm on Max 2010 with VRay 1.50.SP4a
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Codi View Post
    I'm trying to automate some of our rendering jobs and when I launch some renders locally the overwrite raw file warning message box appears and halts the script till it's clicked.
    Is there a way to disable trough MaxScript this warning?
    Not right now, but for SP5 you can use the setVRaySilentMode() MaxScript function to disable it. If you want to test this, please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Also, is there a way to control weather or not "0000" is added to the end of the raw file names?
    Not really, this is hard-coded right now, but I'll make a note to make it work like in 3ds Max (i.e. not to add the number when rendering single frames).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for your answer Vlado

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Not right now, but for SP5 you can use the setVRaySilentMode() MaxScript function to disable it. If you want to test this, please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com
      I can wait a couple weeks, just a question, how do I exit setVRaySilentMode() once is set? setVRaySilentMode false?

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Not really, this is hard-coded right now, but I'll make a note to make it work like in 3ds Max (i.e. not to add the number when rendering single frames).
      I can live with it too, it's just that at the it gets confusing keeping file name consistency between local, networked, max and vray rendered images. For some reason Backburner always adds "0000" to the end of filenames (even in single frames) but local renders don't add them in single frame, unless they are Vray raw images ...
      Last edited by Codi; 09-04-2010, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X