Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTT texture exposure problems when saved to disk

Hello,
    I have problems with RTT. I dont know if it is my fault or something gone wrong with my software setup. When baking textures I got proper exposure in viewport but it looks like it is saved with different exposure value to disk. It doesnt matter if I change the value of camera ISO - despite it is reflected in frame buffer correctly, saved texture is with some strange exposure setting (and it is constant for various camera ISO settings). I have to render each texture one by one and save it to disk by hand.
    I have checked and I have "no exposure controll" in Environment settings.
    My setup:
    Win XP 32 + Max 10 SP1 + Vray 1.5 SP3a

Please help me
    Thank you
    Michal

In the Render setup dialog, make sure the render camera is locked to the physical camera - that way its exposure will be applied to the baked textures.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you Vlado for the answer. It doesnt cure the problem tho. You meant the settings in here?

I still have somewhat different exposed textures.
      Regards
      Michal
      Last edited by pilo44; 14-04-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Is it the view locked (hard to see)?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I am not sure if I got it correctly. If you mean "View option" that I outlined in red - it is not locked but it is limited to this and only camera because I dont have other cameras in the scene. If you mean the VRay render window - it is not locked either I can freely move it around wile it is rendering.
          Regards
          Michal

Comment

From what Vlado mentioned, it doesn't appear that you have the "lock" icon next to the view dropdown box checked.
            Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
            Midwest Studios

Comment

OK now I got it. Thank you Donald2B. It was not checked but checking it (locking) changed nothing. The textures are still exposed wrong.
              Please help
              Michal

Comment

Make sure when you when you render that you camera window is the activated one (and not top,front view...) click the option in the render to texture dialog to use color mapping (I think it is named like this). Try that. It worked for me a while back.

Comment

Also, are you using any color corrections in the V-Ray VFB? They will not be carried over to the RTT rendering right now.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Working...
                  X