Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch & Design materials not working with Blend (standard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch & Design materials not working with Blend (standard)

Hi everyone!

I just find a small bug when I was doing a material that people without vray could also open. So I used two arch&design materials inside a standard blend and this resulted in a black object.
    I guess this is not a common setup, myself most of the times obly use vraymtl and vrayblendmtl, so maybe that's why no one noticed this bug.
    Since blend works with vraymtl, I hope is a simple bug to correct, sometimes A&D is nice for fast previews because of the presets.

Regards!

It will not work as V-Ray cannot recognize the Arch & Design materials in that case; it only sees the Blend material and thinks all is good.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado.

Thanks for the answer. This is not a big deal, but I wonder if there is a chance for this bug to be fixed, it would help sending files to people without vray.

And BTW, it's interesting that the A&D works inside a multi/sub-material.

Regards.

Comment

Yes, I made special efforts to make it work with the Multi/Sub-object material (in fact, V-Ray replaces the Multi/Sub material with a special V-Ray version). The Blend material is somewhat more complicated though.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X