Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of questions with solution for moving object animation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions with solution for moving object animation.

I'm looking at the tutorial on the Spot3d site "Rendering an animation with moving objects II" but with the graphics miossing and a couple of typos, I can't seem to get this to work.

I have a fixed camera looking at a door which opens over 50 frames: at frame 0 it is closed, at frame 50 it is open. Pretty simple stuff!!!

IRmap settings as folows:-
    Medium-animation
    Use Camera Path
    Animation (prepass) mode
    Autosave files to a folder on my hard disk

LC settings:-
    Subdivs 1000
    Sample size 20mm
    Scale: World
    Use Camera Path
    Mode: single

Now, do I tell max to render frames 0 - 50 (every frame) for this to work? I assume I do. But then, isn't the LC compnant only being calculated at frame 0 - when the door is shut? Won't this cause errors when the door starts to open?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

I would have a look at Doing layers for your animation.

It's much quicker to render a still image [without door] for the background & then Render the door with all other objects as matte over the top of it

This way you are only rendering what's moving & the shadows, reflections from it.

May take longer to setup, but because you are only rendering a smaller area you may even be able to use Brute force! Which will never give you flickering issues.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hi there. We essentially take each shot and work out the most efficient way to get it done. Some of these are composites, some are cheats etc. I'd just like to get my head around this method of rendering: the case in point has the door taking up a large portion of the shot.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Working...
      X