Max 2001 vray 1.5 sp4a or sp5 "condense material slots" bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2001 vray 1.5 sp4a or sp5 "condense material slots" bug

Hi we wanted to aske if anyone reported a bug in max 2011 with vray' when you chose "condense material slots" the app crashes?

Works fine on a scene that I tried here. Is this the Slate material editor, or the Compact (old) one? Also, does it happen on any scene or just this one?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Even with scanline renderer selected, the condense material and the reset material editor slots do not work (in the compact one). Max doesn't crahs but I get a maxscript error "can't assign undefined"
      Last edited by jstrob; 07-05-2010, 11:38 AM.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
      Little Antman
      See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
      Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Actually, if you go to Customize/CustomUI and Default Switcher and select Max for Initial Settings and Default UI for UI schemes , and restart Max, the tool works properly, even with vray as the renderer. It's only once I select Max.Vray in the default switcher that I get a maxscript error. this is a consistent erros btw, even on an empty scene.
        Cheers
        Fabrice

Comment

Originally posted by fabriceb View Post
          Actually, if you go to Customize/CustomUI and Default Switcher and select Max for Initial Settings and Default UI for UI schemes , and restart Max, the tool works properly, even with vray as the renderer. It's only once I select Max.Vray in the default switcher that I get a maxscript error. this is a consistent erros btw, even on an empty scene.
          Cheers
          Fabrice
          Yep, same problem here. Is there something that needs to be tweaked for that Max.Vray default setup to work? I miss that condense function, but have too many problems with the VFB disappearing when I use the default mat library.

b
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
          e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Hm, I do not get the VFB disappearing issue with 3ds Max 2011 anymore. Anyways, will see what can be done about the preset.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I haven't really tried it with 2011, I just reset everything to avoid it right after installing. I'll reset the defaults and see how it goes.

b
              Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
              e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                Hm, I do not get the VFB disappearing issue with 3ds Max 2011 anymore. Anyways, will see what can be done about the preset.
                I don't get the VFB dissapearing either, haven't for quite a while, but I've been using the vray preset.

Comment

Originally posted by jstrob View Post
                  Even with scanline renderer selected, the condense material and the reset material editor slots do not work (in the compact one). Max doesn't crahs but I get a maxscript error "can't assign undefined"
                  I am also having this problem, is there a solution for this as it is very annoying.

Comment

go to Customize/Custom UI default switcher and choose Max / Default UI
                    You get standard max materials as default but the utilites work.

Comment

Nothing new on this? Just upgraded to 2011...very annoying. I didn't realize how much I use the reset and consolidate until it broke with the MAX.vray UI in 2011.

Comment

Hi,

We have found problem with the default material library that is used for the MAX.vray initial settings. It could be fixed manually for the current release by copying the attached library file - medit.mat over the existing one, that usually resides in the "Defaults\MAX.vray\FactoryDefaults" folder under the 3dsMax program files folder for example:
                        C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\Defaults\MAX.vray\FactoryDefaults

You may also need to update the same file in the application data folder, although here it wasn't needed. The folder usually looks like this:
                        C:\Users\<current_user_name>\AppData\Local\Autodes k\3dsmax\2011 - 64bit\enu\defaults\MAX.vray

Please write if there are problems with this fix.

Best regards
                        Attached Files
                        Alexander Kazandzhiev
                        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Very nice...works great!

Comment

Working...
                          X