VRayObjectSelect not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayObjectSelect not working

Hi, the new VRayObjectSelect render element does not work, outputting a empty black frame here. Tried Obj iD and Mat ID, no IDed objects/mats visible in the render element. Setting "invert selection" setting inside the element doesn't show up anything either. Tried with 3dsmax 2010 scenes and new 2011 ones.

Specs: VRay 1.5 SP5 with 3DSMAX 2011 64 on Windows7 64
    Valentin

...forget Warp 9, engine-room please switch to Vray-speed...

Works for me on a simple test. If you can't get it working, can you post the scene here or send it to vlado@chaosgroup.com?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Here is a very simple scene build from scratch.
      The teapot has Object and Material ID 2. I am getting allways a black element (also no Alpha).

ProMac 3 GHz 8cores (2x4) Win7 64x 3dsmax 2011 64 VRay 1.5 SP5
      Attached Files
      Valentin

...forget Warp 9, engine-room please switch to Vray-speed...

Comment

objectselect was working for me yesterday.
        I will check out your file
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Works fine for me. But it seems that it isnt copied to the MaxVFB (as seen in your screenshots). Works like a charm in the VRayVFB

Comment

Yep, works fine with the V-Ray VFB. Not sure yet why it does not work with the 3ds Max, will have to check.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Vrayobjectselect does not work in the max frame buffer. Also only saves a blank frame into .exr.

Using Vray Frame buffer I can see it but when it saves the cahnnel is not there. When saving split channels it has the wrong alpha.

Max 2012 sp2 Vray 2.10.01

Comment

Just noticed this too. In 3ds Max VFB the VRayObjectSelect element is always black (RGB and A). When using the V-Ray VFB it is working as expected.

Tested with 3ds Max 2012 32-bit, V-Ray 2.10.01 and a Teapot with Object-ID 1

Daniel
                Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Does the next release will support VRayObjectSelect in the standard Max frame buffer?.. would be usefull.
                  Alain Blanchette
                  www.pixistudio.com

Comment

For the moment this only works with the V-Ray VFB. This is because we need to add some render elements on the fly, and I don't know how to do that for the 3ds Max frame buffer.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Working...
                    X