Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3ds 2011 + VRay SP5 - sometime crash without warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not in Milan. I'm near BG and the office temp is not so high (23°C)
    Anyway, with Prime95, much intense software than any renderer, I run successfully for 2hrs (temp 82°C liquid cooler) with the old Vcore (1.3125)
    With VRay, randomly, with the old Vcore (1.3125) 3ds max crash.
    Now, with Vcore 1.325 all work fine (cross the finger ) and the rendering temp is 72°C
    I think: if Prime95 is ok after some hours, CPU, RAM etc... was stable. But this is not true.
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Temperatures went up for the whole of europe in the last week, and even with A/C you're bound to see a few degrees of difference in air temp.
      Besides, there you have it: it wasn't a VRay bug, it's got to do with the OC in the first place
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

My computer is neither overclocked nor tuned in any other way. And the temperature at rendering time here (GER Stuttgart) wasn´t so high. 13 degree or lower (damn).

Comment

The next time it crashes can you get me the crash dump from 3ds Max CER?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Workstation 2011 x64 with Vray 1.5 SP5 on Win7 X64 crashed here during (DR) rendering, the rendernodes didn't crash. It happened overnight so I couldn't see during what stage it happened.

I've emailed the 3ds Max CER minidump.

Edit: another attempt at rendering the same scene resulted in a crash again, new CER reports emailed. Hope this can be figured out/worked around soon, this image is due today...
            Last edited by ruud3dv; 27-05-2010, 12:36 AM.
            3DV - Ruud van Reenen
            www.3dv.nl

Comment

Here's the error when trying to render 2000x1500:

[2010/May/27|11:07:34] error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Rendering region (448,704)-(512,76
              Last marker is at .\src\globillummap.cpp, line 1616: GlobalIllumMap::buildLightMap() {5}

And another one, driving me nuts..
              [2010/May/27|12:07:20] error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Rendering region (256,704)-(320,76
              Last marker is at .\src\globillummap.cpp, line 1616: GlobalIllumMap::buildLightMap() {5}
              Last edited by ruud3dv; 27-05-2010, 03:10 AM. Reason: Removed weird region remark, could use some sleep..
              3DV - Ruud van Reenen
              www.3dv.nl

Comment

From the crash dumps, it seems to be related to calculations for the velocity channel. I'm downloading the scene now to see what goes on. Is there a particular frame I should render?

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Just frame 0.

It looks like it's an Autograss problem, workstation CPU also doesn't reach 99% when rendering but stays between 50-90 most of the time. Rendered without grass in 13 minutes (LC and IR from file ) and without a crash.
                  3DV - Ruud van Reenen
                  www.3dv.nl

Comment

Ok then, I'll render it with autograss.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

It's definitely an Autograss problem. The bug is related to this one: http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...528#post424528

I was using two Autograss objects. The second was a copy of the first, instead of making a new Autograss object from the command-panel.
                      After deleting both and creating new ones the scene renders fine.
                      3DV - Ruud van Reenen
                      www.3dv.nl

Comment

Ahh, ok. Good to know

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

I have the same problem "Unhandled Exception: Rendering region (832.1024) - (896.108"
                          I follow the discussion!
                          ideas to solve the problem?

greetings

Ale
                          Fiat Lux

Comment

I think I am experiencing similar problems on a project I am working on, and I think that Multiscatter/ multipaint is somehow involved. Using Max 2010 Design, Vray SP5, Multiscatter 1.1.04c. It crashes very frequently, though not reliably. Seems to not happen when I put on a vrayoverride material, but I've been through all the materials and have removed anything that looks suspicious to me.

Vray Log: error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Rendering region (0,256)-(64,320)
                            Last marker is at .\src\globillummap.cpp, line 1416: GlobalIllumMap::buildLightMap() {1}

Any suggestions?
                            Tim Nelson
                            timnelson3d.com

Comment

Not sure if it was Multiscatter after all. I found a "normal bump" maps in a few of the mats and taking it out seems to have halted the crashes, for now.
                              Tim Nelson
                              timnelson3d.com

Comment

I take that back, it still crashes, just not when I hit render. Its completely random and unprovoked, even if sitting idle. I think there is something fishy going on with the multi-scatter plugin. The crashing with the normals bump I believe was a totally separate issue.
                                Tim Nelson
                                timnelson3d.com

Comment

Working...
                                X