Fog Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Colour

Hope this is an easy one, I'm working on the materials for an orange indicator light on a car project. For the life of me i can't get the fog colour on the light bulb to be Orange.

As you can see in the attached image the colour picker is set to orange yet the rendered image is yellow. I've tried fog intensity's extremely high and low with the same "colour" result. Shifting the colour picker along either seems to snap to red or yellow no in between orange. Also exit colours on/off.

Max 2010, Vray 1.5 SP4a
    Attached Files
    James Hall
    Technical Director
    New Zealand
    www.jhall.nz

try setting the diffuse colour to black, then you can make the refraction colour orange as well as the fog. might even work without fog, but I guess that's up to you.

Comment

id set the exit color back to default. i usually put diffuse and fog as the same then crank up the fog to something like 0.2 or 0.3 all depends on the look you need

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Upping the amount and setting diffuse to same orange did it. Still quite a bit of yellow in the fog but the orange diffuse masks it enough.
        James Hall
        Technical Director
        New Zealand
        www.jhall.nz

Comment

did you reset the exit color?

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Yes i did try resetting the exit color to black/white/orange with little chance, orange was the best though.
            James Hall
            Technical Director
            New Zealand
            www.jhall.nz

Comment

what about the fog multiplier?

Comment

Working...
              X