billboards for reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billboards for reflection

I've got a shopping center with a bunch of glass that i want to reflect a specific scene somewhat correctly. I want to billboard the reflected image behind the camera and get the reflection in the buildings glass. Popping the image in the environment slot or the vray overide environment slot isn't going to give me the control i need. I don't really want to do this in post. I've tried setting the billboard as a light material or just a standard vray material that only occurs in reflection but it doesn't work. The model is a xref'd scene in the camera match file that has the sun and camera and background image that is matched to the camera.
    Any thoughts?
    (Hope my description is clear, let me know if it's not...thanks)
    mh

If your billboard is a plane then you have to remember that planes are actually only ONE_SIDED [Even if you see it as 2 sided in the viewport]

It's more than likely that you have the frontside/backside faceing the wrong way.......simply turn the plane 180 degrees or tick the 'Emit light on back side' option on the vray light material

Cheers

Comment

i wish that was the answer but the planes are facing the correct way.

Comment

problem solved...just didn't have the light material turned up enough.
        (Don't know why i didn't think of that at first.)
        mh

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
          problem solved...just didn't have the light material turned up enough.
          (Don't know why i didn't think of that at first.)
          mh
          That was going to be my next suggestion!! [I should have thought of that one first too!!]

Comment

Working...
          X