Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Particle Flow Box#3 Cache Disk & VRay MBlur > 10 minutes "Updating Objects/Instances"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particle Flow Box#3 Cache Disk & VRay MBlur > 10 minutes "Updating Objects/Instances"

I am facing a problem where i cached all my particles (20K boxes, nothing any renderer shoudl sweat about) with Particle Flow Toolbox#3 and want to render them with motion blur in VRay. I have set my Subdivs to 12 and Geometry Samples in the camera globals set to 8.

Without motionblur the scene renders in 2-3 seconds, with motion blur enabled it hangs for over 10 minutes "Updating Objects" in the first and only event (system is mega simple).

I already set the render node in PFlow from single mesh to multiple meshes with 100 meshes, 200 particles each (100x200=20000).

I have never experienced such a long waiting time for the "Updating Objects" process ESPECIALLY when the particles are cached upfront and 20K at the last frame/highest count only. At the test frame vray counts only 2765 particles!!!

Some advice here would be great! Thanks in advance!
    Ansi
    Last edited by PsychoSilence; 13-08-2010, 02:46 PM.
    Anselm von Seherr - Thoss, incendii VFX www.incendii.com

Is it possible to get me the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can check it out? Especially with cached particles, there shouldn't be such a great slowdown. (btw, when rendering with motion blur, V-Ray does not use the PFlow mesh, so the settings there have no effect).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X