Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flicker with photometric lights

Dear all

I can animate with flicker freee geometry, but when I use photometric lights in the scene they flicker, bound to be something in the settings vray or 3ds photometric light, but which one please,

all help gratefully recieved

regards

Nigel

are you network rendering?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Can you post some images for the problem?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hi chris J

Not network rendering, domne form PC

N

Comment

Hi Vlado Here is the flickering image pic as requested

Thanks a lot for replying, and requesting the upload, here is a jpg, and it shows what are almost ripples of light coming form the source, these flicker, but on a still rendering that is not the case it is simply a gradual glow diminishing from source.

The edges of the red pipe work seem a bit rough as well, I use a catmull rom filter and adaptive DMC anti aliasing. This jpg was derived from using virtual dub to composite the avi file, done with cinepak codec by radius. none of the other compression methods seem to work, just got adobe premier on the pc does that have anything in it that would be better.

ta for the help

Nigel Williams nigel.williams@burohappold.com
          Attached Files

Comment

Have you checked the normals on the wall? It almost looks like flipped normals or duplicated faces there.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Checked the normals, they are not flipped neither are they duplicated, the issue is the flickering of the light on the top of the brown cabinet, any other suggestions valued, do you have an FTP site, and I'lll
              upload the file, if ok wih you

all the best Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X