Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Caustic - arth !

Heya

Just run in to little problem after night of battle with renders... sooo tired argh !

Basically I need to use caustics, in order to get them cute I have to sky rock sampling to 20 000photons per lights.... Lucky I got only 3 lights! Anyway I set it over night over DBR rendering, and at 3 in the morning after 3 hours of calculating, windows crashes at 90% -.- It consume 24gb ram 70gb comited memory, simmilar for node. Once it happens render stop. I try again with 15 000 but then it ''finish'' but Node is still rendering... workstation is finish. Even when I shut down node nothink happens, I let it run for last 5h and still 0 progress.. Now this is making a little issues now for me since below 15 000 I wont get the right effect...

Is there anyway I can cashe on the go the caustics to hdd so its not filling up all my memory and aventually stopping ? Or any other suggestions maybe?

Thanx, bai.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

You can try setting the "Max. density" parameter in the Caustics section to some suitable non-zero value - this will cause nearby photons to be merged together and will save RAM.

Yes, you can calculate the caustics map once and save it to disk, but it will still have to be loaded by the render slaves.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yea... not gonna work... and Max. Density will decrease detail... O well I decided to do it in layers... 1 light after another... I added another 9 light so o well.. lots of layers lots of fun thanx vlado.
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
      X