DR nodes ignored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR nodes ignored

Is it possible that the file that stores which DR node is used in rendering got corrupted?
    We have a problem that we check in the DR settings which nodes to use but for some reason they are not used in the render.
    In the VRay log it just say using 0 nodes for rendering or using 4 when we checked 7. It doesn't even try to connect to those hosts. There is no warning, no error... it just completely ignores the slaves.

Once the problem disappeared by restarting the host machine but we can't restart the computer everytime we have this problem...

So maybe there is a file somewhere that just needs to be deleted?
    David Slachta
    The Looop CGI
    Shanghai, China

Can you check the license server web page to see if there are licenses available for DR rendering?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You mean the localhost:30304 page?

I see Network licences 10000, Engaged 0, Free 10000
      DR licences 10, Engaged 6, Free 4.

But this is the status when all is working as it should - I had to restart the computer which solved the problem again. So maybe sometime it doesn't free the licences after the render finish?

Also is it possible to have more than 10 render slaves at the same time? We have bought dongles for all our computers so each render slave has also a dongle plugged in...
      David Slachta
      The Looop CGI
      Shanghai, China

Comment

If you have more than one license, then you can use more than 10 nodes, yes. However, they must be plugged into the same machine, where the V-Ray license server can see the licenses at the same time.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Ah I see. It's a pity because we basicaly render on every machine now and then so we can't really have two sticks plugged in the same time in every machine. Maybe some network licencing would do the trick? I feel that when we payed so much money for the software and each dongle has 10 DR licences, it's a bit silly to be limited by the 10 nodes only because the dongles are not plugged all in one computer...

But anyway, in case we have the nodes-not-rendering problem again, should it suffice to just restart the licence service?
          David Slachta
          The Looop CGI
          Shanghai, China

Comment

But anyway, in case we have the nodes-not-rendering problem again, should it suffice to just restart the licence service?
            You can try that, but it would be odd in any case - I've been doing this lots of times here and it seems to work fine.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X