Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Alias Elements: VRayMtlID, VRObjectID, VRayRenderID

Hi all

I've tried various elements to be able to "select objects" in post and change it's colour. However each of these 3 render elements gives me same results: VRayMtlID, VRObjectID, VRayRenderID

The render is nicely anti-aliased, but any of the above 3 elements are "solid" pixels at the edges ie Aliased. So the result is that if you pick your object in post and change the colour, it gives "ghosting" or "mess up" the edges.

How to overcome this?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

You can use the Multimatte render element, or the VRayWireColor one. You can also use the VRayObjectSelect element in a similar way.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      You can use the Multimatte render element, or the VRayWireColor one. You can also use the VRayObjectSelect element in a similar way.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Where can I get information on the parameters of each of these (what the settings in each element does)?

multimatte just renders blank for me. wirecolor seems promising so far... more testing to be done
      Last edited by Morne; 15-09-2010, 07:26 AM.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150S...r_elements.htm
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

that doesnt tell me anything
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Sorry. For Multimatte you have to set your either objectID or material ID and then set the correpsponding R, G or B number to that ID number (and also ensure the checkmark is on for that color). In addtion if you are using matID rather than objectID you have to check the MatID button at the bottom. I've never used it but the VrayObjectSelect looks to work in a similar way but actual renders the image rather than just a mask like multimatte.
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Which one can I use to render a meterial ID on its own layer? VrayObjectSelect works almost, but the colour is slightly different in "Normal" mode. In "Raw" mode it also renders a filter layer and also a alpha layer which seems to complicate it too much. All I want is to render a specific material on its own layer, that way I don't even have to select it in photoshop, just adjust the whole layer. Is that too much to ask for?

VRayMtlSelect also seems to change the colour

NEVERMIND: Forgot to click "Color Mapping"
              Last edited by Morne; 17-09-2010, 05:39 AM. Reason: ID 10 T Error
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

I still think your best option is multimatte (or the alpha from objectselect) and using that as a mask in photoshop. Since the object is rendered over black for ObjectSelect you could have problems in photoshop when trying to use the alpha as a mask due to edge artifacts (i.e., black edges). Using a mask on an adjustment layer should not exhibit these artifacts because the black edges just aren't there.

Comment

I dont understand why the multimatte has an R or B or G you should select. All it does is a mask so how does one of the RGB things help? Do you get different results depending of which one you of the R or B or G you choose?
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

That is the channel the mask is stored into. By using R/G/B you can store 3 mattes per renderelement. Without the issues all other options give you. As the channels are completely seperate you get a perfect matte.

Regards,
                    Thorsten

Comment

so if I understand you correctly, I could store my "door, table and floor" in one renderelement in different channels r = door, g = table, b = floor? All those will be in one element coming up as 3 different colours?
                      Then I need to create another multimatte element for my "chair, bed" etc.
                      Then I could use the r or b or g as a mask?
                      Kind Regards,
                      Morne

Comment

Exactly. The ObjSelect uses the same selection methology (MatIDs ir ObjIDs) but stores one selection per matte, but the final RGB pass of that ibject (unpremultiplied when set to rawmode) and along with an alpha element

Comment

so then if I occupy all 3 channels r and g and b in one channel, can I split them afterwards or does this mean those 3 objects will always be edited together?
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

Yes you can. That's the whole Point. In PS for example you can simply copy the channel to be a mask for a layer or a selection and it will be Pixelperfect

Comment

If you need a lot of masks for a lot of objects you can use my MME generator to build the render elements and assign the object ID's here.

Comment

Working...
                              X