UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Image Prepass. As per attaced file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Image Prepass. As per attaced file

OK So I was doing a GI precalc. Lightcache was done and IRMap was at about 97% or so, then suddenly the VRay equivalent of blue screen of death:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	872225

What's up?

Here's the last bit of the log file:
    [2010/Sep/27|11:13:15] Threads completed
    [2010/Sep/27|11:13:16] Merging light cache passes.
    [2010/Sep/27|11:13:18] Light cache contains 145589 samples.
    [2010/Sep/27|11:13:18] Light cache samples collected; compiling lookup tree.
    [2010/Sep/27|11:13:18] Prefiltering light cache.
    [2010/Sep/27|11:13:26] 1 interpolation maps registered
    [2010/Sep/27|11:13:26] Rendering interpolation maps with minRate=-3 and maxRate=-1
    [2010/Sep/27|11:13:26] Setting up 8 thread(s)
    [2010/Sep/27|11:59:15] error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Image prepass
    Last marker is at .\src\globillummap.cpp, line 1616: GlobalIllumMap::buildLightMap() {5}

Any thoughts besides "clicking" the pc with a brick?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I just came here to post this exact same issue.

I have a room, and a bar. The room on it's own renders fine, the bar isolated renders fine - but both together and I get
    error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Irradiance map thread Last marker is at .\src\globillummap.cpp, line 1416: GlobalIllumMap::buildLightMap() {1}

Any ideas? i have absolutley no idea how to get them working - i've rebuilt the bar geometry, remade the materials on everything and cenverted all my objects to either edit poly or vray proxy. Still getting the crashes.
    I'm not actually getting a popup - the error text appears in the vray dialog box then after half a second max just closes dead, with no error report or anything.

Comment

In my case I just closed Max after the error, opened it again and click render and it was fine. But it would still be nice to have some kind of explanation for the boss besides just "these things happen sometime for no reason". Not a very good motivation for them to upgrade
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

If you can get me the scene, it will be very useful to debug the issue here.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I actually figured mine out - it was crashing every time at the same point, and it was the vray fast sss2 material. I'd recreated it and it carried on crashing - removed it and it rendered fine. Did another test with a box, applied a basic fast sss2 on it - crashing again, same error.

Must be something to do with that combined with the rest of the scene, but the scene is absolutley huge and it'd take me a long time to narrow down.

Comment

Working...
          X