VRayLight and VRLightMtl Incorrect light distribution: Attached Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayLight and VRLightMtl Incorrect light distribution: Attached Pics

As per the attached pic you can see incorrect ligth distribution of the VRaylight. I've also tried it with geometry and VRayLightMtl applied, and it results in the same problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lighterror.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	872230

I have modelled the "wall" and "ceiling" in 3 different ways, and each results in same error.
    From the left:
    1. Wall and Ceiling touches with the wall going up past the ceiling
    2. Wall and Ceiling slightly cuts into each other
    3. Wall and Ceiling COMPLETELY crosses and cuts through and past each other.

The Problem:
    The light spills up the wall as it should. But then what is going on at the ceiling? The light from the wall is suppose to nicely "flow" and spill from the wall onto the ceiling. But it DOESN'T!!! It fades from the wall, then suddenly it is BRIGHT again on the ceiling? This is incorrect and gives the impressions that the wall stops short below the ceiling in all 3 cases, and another light spills from BEHIND the wall onto the ceiling, which is obviously NOT the case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lighterrorredlined.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	872231

So all you smart people out there, what is going on here?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

There is nothing wrong here; as you know, the illumination on a surface depends both on the distance from the light source, and its orientation with respect to the light source. The ceiling is more oriented towards the light than the wall, while the distance is still pretty much the same, so it is natural that is is brighter.

Best regarsd,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

all the reference pics clients gives me for this sort off thing is usually blown out in that area, I've done a quick test with exposure and yes, Vlado seems you are again correct as always. With the overexposure the light nicely fades like I thought it is suppose to, but bring down the exposure to correct levels and you can see that the images I've attached are correct as they should be. Also a quick google search for cove lighting photos shows that the renders are correct. Sorry about the confusion.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Working...
      X