Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed rendering, Max crash at first write to VRIMG

Hello!

I've been trying to render a 18000x12000 picture using 4 pc's with DR.

I am certain that they can handle the rendering, because I have previously rendered that scene in similar resolution, saving passes to PNG via the vray framebuffer. The problem was that before the IR map even begun to calculate, the main machine would hang for several minutes, seemingly dead - my guess is it was trying to create the memory framebuffer or something.

So I thought, maybe turning off the framebuffer and using VRIMG would help? I set up the VRIMG output file, turned of memory fb, set low res for the max fb and high res for the Vray render.

Everything went great, IR map started calculating right away, BUT as soon as it is done and saved(or not saved, does not matter) to disk, and has been sent to the DR nodes, Max crashes. I think it happens at the time of a first write to the VRIMG file.

The PC's are quad core intels, 8GB ram, win xp64, max 2009 x64, vray 1.5 sp5.

OK, nevermind, I found out that the output VRIMG file has to be in a shared folder (I use folders mapped as drives). I did not expect that, as with regular DR rendering that is not the case. Maybe a note about this should be added to the Vray Framebuffer documentation?

Comment

Hm, it should work even without a shared file, so it sounds like a bug to me. Will make a note to look into it - thanks for the pointer.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X