Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray animation problem with AA and Antialising Filter

Hey everyone,
    Fairly new to creating animations with vray so had some questions regarding AA and Antialising filter parameters. I'm doing a simple interior animation that has one sliding doors opening as the camera moves through and a couple of rpc animated people throughout the space. I've gone throught the IR and LC process and will begin rendering out the animation at 1200 x 800 frame. I will be using:
    Adaptive DMC with min 1 x max 8 and 0.01 clr thresh.
    Area filter with .65 size
    Does anyone think this is ok or have better suggestions for this. Any help or advise is highly appreciated. By the way, incase anyone has a suggestion, is it a good idea to create the LC and IR frame size at 1/2 or 2/3 of the final rendering frame or just do the same which in my case is 1200 x 800 ?

Thanks in advance

try AA DMC with min 1/max 3 clr thres: 0.003
    and rise (all) the subdiv in the materials for glossies to max 24. you can also only rise the materials that looks noisy.

hope that helped.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Great,
      I've gone ahead and rised all the subdiv on the materials. I'm currently running the LC and IR due to some changes. This process always seems to take some time and i'm not sure if it might be the dmc sampler settings that might be too high. I'm using:
      adapt amount = 0.85 min samples = 8
      noise thresh = .005 subdiv mult = 2
      Would you know if these settings should be like this while generating the LC and IR or only when you begin rendering?
      Hope i'm making sense.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Your settings are close to what I use myself when doing animation. The only thing I set differently is the subdiv mult. Normally I set it to at least 3 or 4, otherwise I might loose detail in the geometry or the shadows.

About your considerations rendering LC and IR at a lower size, I would suggest to stick with full size, to make it easy for yourself. If you have made test renderings at a lower size though and are satisfied with your result, you could use that for your LC and IR if you render at the same size. If you bring the settings from a smaller size image over to a bigger size image you would end up with a much finer calculation for the bigger size. Therefore, when you go from smaller to bigger you can lower the settings for the LC and the IR and vice versa.

If you want a more precise explanation see this tutorial file on the Vray Help page: http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150S...s_interior.htm

Best regards,
        Last edited by psa; 23-10-2010, 02:17 AM.
        Peter
        Architect/3D-Artist

Comment

Glad to see that i'm on the right path. Finally getting the hang of this. Took your advise and set up one of the animation clips to subdiv mult = 3. The only thing that i' m still a bit confused about is wether these DMC Sampler settings are used when generating the LC AND IR process. In other words, should i have them at lower settings during the LC and IR process and then raise them when Rendering? or should it be vise versa?

Yes, i completely agree about the size of the frame for LC and IR matching the Rendering frame. What you posted makes perfect sense. It will take more time to process everything, but the final product will look great.
          Thanks for the advise,

Comment

Working...
          X