Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settings lost :-(

Hi,
    somehow I seem to have been caught out on this today for the first time and it is making life difficult as I have a 4k x 3k render to bang out yesterday!!!
    I run max 2009 64 and over the past 12-18 months only had 1.5sp2, 1.5sp3 and 1.5 sp5 (obviously all max2009 x64). When I d/l a vray installation I install it that day.
    In July I installed SP5.
    Today i loaded in a file that i last worked on in June, it told me file was created with older version of vray...blah blah blah, YES , NO option. No matter which i choose all vray settings are gone and its like I just changed renderer to Scanline and then back to Vray, I have since rolled back to the other previous VRay SP's i.e. 2 and 3 and I am still getting the message this was created with an older version of VRay,, how can this be since this file hasnt been on any other machine???? There are no older setup .exe's for Vray RC or the like on that machine???
    any Ideas????

Thanks,
    Tom
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Hi,

I've the same problem, and sometimes, today, I'm in the same situation

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ighlight=reset

After some saving process ( I don't close/open 3ds max max, or change file), VRay renderer setting reset to default, like the DEMO version.
    I don't know why and it's very randomly...
    Last edited by cecofuli; 13-10-2010, 07:16 AM.
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

$h1te, not looking too positive on this,
      The only positive from this is that I am not the only person to experience this and hence my panic attack of going insane has been overcome

thanks for the heads up,

luvin the book , by the way

Comment

So what version of V-Ray was the file created with (sp2, sp3 or sp5)? None of these versions should really produce the above warning for an old version. If you still have the file, would it be possible to send it to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that we can investigate this?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,
          It would have been created in SP3 as I downloaded that in July 09 and woked with that version till July 2010, the max file was last saved in June 2010,
          I have reworked the file as I need this rendered asap, I do have a similar file (same project) showing same default settings, which i will send you,
          thanks,
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X