X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner and vrimg...

Computer A: main workstation
    Computer B: backburner manager/file server/render node

If I render a file on 'Computer A' to a .vrimg (not using backburner), everything is ok. As soon as I check 'Net Render' and render through backburner, I get an error on 'Computer A' (see attached). 'Computer B' renders fine without any errors. I have tried:

1. Tried saving both '.vrimg' and Max's 'Render Output' - error
    2. Tried saving '.vrimg' using UNC path - error
    3. Tried saving '.vrimg' locally - error

As soon as I uncheck 'Render to V-Ray raw image file' and save it only through Max's 'Render Output' - no error. I had backburner working fine on Max 2008, but I recently upgraded to Max 2011 and now the error. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Attached Files

Just tried installing Backburner 2011 - same result although a little more info on the error...

Click image for larger version

Name:	BackburnerError2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	843522

Comment

Turned off the firewall - same error.

Comment

That's an odd one, as it seems that the error happens even before V-Ray starts the rendering. When you set the 3ds Max output, what file format did you set it to?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Does the Computer B renders a Backburner job when saving a regular tif or jpg with Vray as a render engine? (Is it .vrimg related)
          Alain Blanchette
          www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Ended up staying up last night and reformating Computer A and installed from scratch. I have a big project in the coming weeks and didn't have time to troubleshoot it anymore. All is working okay now.

Vlado - I had tried several different formats for Max output - jpg, tif, tga
            thablanch - Computer B always rendered fine using vrimg and/or max output. It was definately vrimg related, but only on Computer A.

Thanks anyway,
            Ryan

Comment

Ok, I'm having this exact issue--just popped up all of a sudden. My workstation won't render via backburner, but all my render slaves do. And my workstation renders fine with max open rendering locally.
              It seems to be related to the saving and re-loading of the vrimg files, for sure. I've run tests on fresh scenes with nothing but a couple of boxes--same thing.
              I'm running win 7 64, max 2011, and vray 1.5
              Anybody have any solutions besides reformatting?

[Edit]
              Ok, apparently my problem isn't necessarily with vray-a scene with no pre-calc lighting solution has the same problems. And a scanline test just revealed the same error.
              Workstation (computer A) will render locally, but not with backburner. All render slaves render every time, no problem. I suppose backburner/max 2011 install is corrupt on my workstation. For some reason I'm thinking a re-install just isn't going to cut it, but I'll post any solutions I come across.
              Last edited by FORCE_FACTORY; 18-02-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X