Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with backburner since AVG 2011 install

Hey guys,

I have been having this problem since this morning. when I send out a job through backburner... I get a "could not obtain license" error. But yet when I start that same render on my workstation (F9) I have no license problem and also no problem using DR. Can someone point me in the right direction to solve this problem? I have renders to get done overnight through backburner and it's not working!!

Help!

Anyone??? I'm really stuck on this one... I don't know what else to try... any ideas?

Comment

If you have to get some renders done asap the easy answer is disable AVG. Otherwise make sure AVG and any other firewall type program isn't blocking any 3ds max and VRay traffic.
      James Hall
      Technical Director
      New Zealand
      www.jhall.nz

Comment

ok, I tried temporarily disabling AVG and it works. Now what do I do... find another anti-virus and have that all reinstalled averywhere or is there an option somewhere in AVG to stop this without stopping AVG alltogether?

Comment

you could try http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
          I switched to this after AVG went bloatware (v9) - it's free, lite and doesn't hog resources. I have to say it surprised me at first considering it's M$.
          Never had any problems with it and anything else.
          Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
          I need a new signature
          --
          Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
          ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Working...
          X