Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use Precalc GI for 360 Spherical, then just add to current map for normal view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Precalc GI for 360 Spherical, then just add to current map for normal view?

Hi All

Can I use my precalced GI that was for a 8000X4000 spherical 360, to render normal views at 3500 X 2000 and just set GI calc for this to "add to current map"? (the current map being the one that was used for the 360)

I'm thinking this should speed up my normal view GI calculation. Am I correct in this thinking?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Anybody? Will I save some time doing it this way?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Seems Bulgaria has public holiday or something
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Hi. According my experience with this, the answer is YES, it will speed up the rendering and IR calculation for still shots, but you can't rely only on the spherical IR pass to fill the entire possible views.. anyway, you can always load and inspect the integrity of IR map with Irradiance map viewer tool, or merge the data from other cameras manually instead of using "add to current map"..
        Notice: You will have to un-tick "Store direct light" in LC calculation Rollout in order to store the LC into the IR map. This will ignore the need to save and load LC map for any camera view, offcourse if you use BF this is not needed..

Hope this helps.
        Best regards,
        Andrian

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
          Seems Bulgaria has public holiday or something
          Yes, it was called Sunday You can do what you descrinbe, just make sure you use the "incremental add to current map" mode (and not just "add to...").

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X